Thursday, January 3, 2008

{happy new year}

i hope ya'all had a happy new year. we had a few friends over for dinner and brought in the new year playing the 80s version of trivial pursuit and watching the ball drop in nyc.

what is your new year's resolution? mine is to take a photo every day for 365 days. without judgment and the need to create a "perfect" image every time, i am challenging myself to document life in 2008. i can take a photo with my canon 5d, my point and shoot (i am dying to get the the leica), or my cell phone (hopefully soon to be an iphone). with all these options available to me, i don't really have any excuse not to take a photo every day. i am curious to see the impact of 365 images. what will it look like on a wall? what will it say? what happens to a photograph over time?

i am going to do my best to post all 365 images. here are my first three. let me know what you think. i love getting comments!

best. j


january 1, 2008
january 2, 2008
january 3, 2008

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Julia that is such a great idea to take a picture everyday. I bet at the end of the year you will have an amazing collection of images. It will probably be a great way to document your year. See you soon.